My Baby

My Baby

Summer Plans

8:12 PM Edit This 3 Comments »
The beach is on our to do list. Splashing in the backyard pool, enjoying ices on the deck. Sleeping late and taking swim lessons. I could stop there and it sounds like all the plans families have for their summer break. What is not on their mind is the nephrology appointment, kidney ultrasound, blood test, urine test and oh just for added fun dermatology appointment. Six month IEP meeting and adding a speech therapist. I was waiting for school to end so I could more easily schedule all his doctor follow ups. I really don't know what I am going to do to keep Autumn happy during all the therapy and doctor appointments. I scheduled most sessions while she was at school but now she is off the whole summer. I really need to have a game plan. I have tried rewards, playdates, bribes, tv time and  she always seems to misbehave during therapy. She is too young to understand why these people are here to "play " with her brother and not her. We let her play with some of the toys  but she still wants all the attention. I probably need to start a reward chart. Good behavior during therapy and she gets a star etc.... 

3 comments:

Penny said...

hmmmmm, does she take a nap? I wonder if you could schedule therapy during nap time?

That's a tough one.

Amy said...

Candy! All that she wants! Just kidding. Maybe schedule it during her favorite tv show? My guess is she is a Judge Judy short of girl(:

Amy

Guanogirl said...

LOL Love the Judge Judy reference! She doesn't nap and our only TV is in the family room which is also the "therapy" spot. I'm going to try computer time and a prayer. Today was rough. It was only our first day home and she did act up!
Thanks for the advice and ear.
Robin