My Baby

My Baby

One of those days

6:52 PM Edit This 1 Comment »
I've stopped worrying about the future. Really can focus on the here and now. Even still there are good days and bad. Only one year since we found about about Williams Syndrome. It still seems like a dream. All that we went through with our baby boy. The scars from two surgeries serve as a constant reminder of how far we have come. He is such a joy. I wait for the day he calls me Mom and means me. Waiting for him to run around the yard. Still not sure why it has to be this way for our family yet I feel blessed to have such wonderful kids. It's just hard some days.
There are parents with kids far more mentally and physically disabled. There are parents that loose kids and those who can't have kids. Very aware of all of that, but I still throw a pity party for myself every once in awhile. I'm sure it's mostly the exhaustion talking. It's been a busy week.

1 comments:

Amy said...

Oh Bat Turd Girl, I can relate(((((: I hope that made you smile, but yes I understand, relate, empathize, and all that. When Avery started walking my heart was a little less heavy, not sure why. But there are still times, like trying to tech her to keep her feet on the tricycle pedals this past weekend, where I realize once again what a long journey this all is.
xoxo
Amycs