My Baby

My Baby

Waiting

7:28 PM Edit This 5 Comments »
I know it will happen one day. One day I will forget how we waited and watched everyday for those few precious steps. How we applauded when he said A word. I can't wait for the day he says Mom and means me or runs up to Dad as he comes home from work. I watch all the babies around me ( friends, neighbors, families at the preschool and library) growing, walking, talking. I try not to let it bother me. It's hard when the kids half his age are walking and dancing while he sits in his stoller.  I know it will happen. I have been mentally preparing for the next cardio visit. It's usually a whole day at the hospital. He cries the whole time, the echo tech gets inpatient with us and doesn't help the situation. Not to mention the fear that they might find another problem. It has been one year since his open heart surgery and I still feel shelled shocked! To end on a positive note his kisses make everything o.k. My girlie was super great today. We enjoyed the warm weather and made it through the day without crying or whining.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Maggie hated her echo too...she's only had one, but it was such an ordeal. She hates to be held down, or to have to sit still for long.

You can't beat those sweet baby kisses...Maggie just puts her mouth on my face and licks it for now, but I'm hoping it will become more of a kiss soon :)

I've actually blogged before, during my pregnancy, but I was mostly doing that to record the whole thing for myself, and one day, for Maggie. I moved the old "journal" over to this blog when we got the diagnosis in April. So, since it was just for me at the time, I didn't have to worry about sounding dumb :)

By the way, I love the name Aiden! That was one of my top choices for a boy.

Laura said...

Hi Robin,
Nice to "meet" you. Aiden is just adorable.
Do you mind if I put your blog link on my blog as well?

Heather said...

Hey Robin! I have been waiting for you guys to start a blog :)
I'm glad you decided to. Yes, it is a great alternative to therapy. And way cheaper.
Aiden is a beautiful little guy. Thanks for sharing.. Heather

Noel said...

Welcome to our little group of bloggers. Okay, so we aren't so little any more, there seems to be more and more of us each day which is great.
Hope that the cardio goes well and there are no surprizes.
Can I link to your blog from mine too?
Noel

Nancy said...

Hey! Happy to see your blog.

Nancy & Erik