One year ago.....
5:34 PM Edit This 4 Comments »
One year ago, April 18th to be exact we were in a hospital in New York. Our baby only seven months old at the time was in the operating room having open heart surgery to repair the pulmonary stenosis and valve issues. The cath they tried two days earlier was unsuccessful. It was a total nightmare, out of body experience. The very next day while our son was still sedated and in critical condition we got a call bedside to inform us he has Williams Syndrome. We spent twelve days in the hospital and finally was able to go home. Home to a new life with a child that has a rare genetic condition. It's been a tough and rewarding year. Challenging my strength and will as a mother and a woman. We go back to the hospital tomorrow for our one year follow up and echo. I dread going back but I am hopeful that everything will be o.k.
Will try and upload some more pictures soon. That is always my favorite part of other people's blogs.


4 comments:
Sending good vibes your way and waiting for a positive update from the cardio.
Noel
While we haven't had the heart issues, our one year diagnosiversary was in Dec. Even though Caleb had this his whole life, it was still a weird place to be.
Hope everything looks good with Aidens heart. Thinking of you all!
Heather
Hoping the echo went well. Avery was hospitalized at 7 months for 21 days for hypercalcemia, acute renal failure, and hypertension. I can relate to the outer body feeling! God, all I can say is I am glad those days are far far behind us and hope that continues to be the same for you as well.
xoxo
Amyxx
Thanks all for the kind words and good vibes.
Post a Comment