Sad but true
6:56 PM Edit This 3 Comments »
Usually an injured child is cause for panic and concern. My life is anything but ordinary so why should something like this be any different. Both kids were home today since Autumn had a fever and Aiden had a slew of therapies. I was in the bedroom putting away some laundry when I heard a scream from the other room. Aiden was crying and screaming. I picked him up and noticed he was patting his left thumb. I thought he might have banged it with a toy , I had only been out of the room for a minute and Autumn was in the same room as him. As I was soothing him I noticed his thumb looked red and swollen. Now I'm thinking he REALLY must have slammed it good. He was able to bend it and soon stopped crying. I put him down and he started saying "buggy, buggy". He had never said this before. He then walks into the kitchen and there on the kitchen floor is a dead yellow jack wasp!!!!!!!! I felt horrible he was stung, how does a yellow jack get into our house in the winter? Then it dawned on me he TOLD ME there was a bug and then showed it to me. I was so amazed I called Mike at work to tell him. He actually was able to tell me what happened. Upon closer inspection there was a raised sting spot on his finger. Within half an hour he was back to his happy self . I'm still blown away and excited by the fact that he communicated to me this way. He is making such progress.Aiden you Rock
My mom was able to come home from the hospital today. Just a day after major surgery. The Dr. was able to do the entire procedure by lapriscope which made it alot easier on her. The lab results come back in two weeks. Her Dr. was very confident the outcome would be good. I spent over twelve hours in the hospital yesterday. I should have my own parking spot there by now.
My mom was able to come home from the hospital today. Just a day after major surgery. The Dr. was able to do the entire procedure by lapriscope which made it alot easier on her. The lab results come back in two weeks. Her Dr. was very confident the outcome would be good. I spent over twelve hours in the hospital yesterday. I should have my own parking spot there by now.


3 comments:
I am glad that your mom is home and the drs are feeling good about things.
Great job Aiden! It is really cool to hear them explain things, the details get much better, a little abstract soemtimes but they are still there.
So glad your mom is home....and thrilled that Aiden communicated to you what happened!!!! That is FANTASTIC!!!!!!
That's great that Aiden was able to communicate to you what happened, not so great about the sting! I am happy that your mom is home and the doctors are positive. Smiles over here for you all!
Post a Comment