Can't wait for summer
6:53 PM Edit This 1 Comment »
Wow I can't believe how long it has been since I have written. Happy to say my mom is doing great. The surgery was a success and she is recovering day by day. I am looking forward to taking a break from homework and soccer games! Therapy is all summer long so no break from that. I am officially taking the first week of July off from Therapy though. YEAH!!! Aiden continues to do well. We were released from the eye doctor. WoooHooo. No glasses for now at least. Endocrinologist and orthopedist this month. Nephrologist next month and then a break from specialists until September.
Just completed Aiden's preschool testing. Two days worth. OT,PT,Speech and psychologist. From the verbal feedback he has slipped from -1.etc deviations to -2 etc deviations. Haven't gotten the reports yet. I know he will qualify for preschool and to continue his services. As he gets older the delays are more and more apparent. I watch the other kids talking and playing together at the mommy and me class and then see Aiden wandering around playing with each toy for a second and then moving on to the next toy. He sits with me during circle time but doesn't really sing or do any of the finger play that goes along with the songs. He sits nicely at the table for snack time but then again snack is usually stuff mom doesn't give him at home! He is talking alot more than he used to . Maybe half of which I understand. He is still using mostly one word utterances. Haven't seen any progress in his gross motor although his PT says he is getting stronger. I have been thinking about his heart alot lately. I was getting a bit comfortable but was shaken up the last cardiology visit. The arterial side was "slightly " worse but hearing about any degree of change is scarey.
Can't wait to see the kids in our pool and just being kids! Everything else is put on the back burner when the kids are laughing and just being kids. We have a swingset coming this week(Thanks to my Mom and Dad :-). I don't know who is more excited me or the kids.
We had a really neat experience last week with a photographer from the Littlest Heros Project. Its amazing a seveteen year old girl started the sight to bring joy to kids and families with disabilities. We applied and got chosen to have a photo shoot at no cost with a local photographer. I'll post some pictures when I get them.
Things to remember from the month of May _Autumn's toothless smile. Aiden's "ahhahh" Hugs. Dad building my raised vegetable beds.Mike climbing in the inflatable bouncer with Aiden. Aiden's first pony ride. Mom being healthy after cancer surgery.
Just completed Aiden's preschool testing. Two days worth. OT,PT,Speech and psychologist. From the verbal feedback he has slipped from -1.etc deviations to -2 etc deviations. Haven't gotten the reports yet. I know he will qualify for preschool and to continue his services. As he gets older the delays are more and more apparent. I watch the other kids talking and playing together at the mommy and me class and then see Aiden wandering around playing with each toy for a second and then moving on to the next toy. He sits with me during circle time but doesn't really sing or do any of the finger play that goes along with the songs. He sits nicely at the table for snack time but then again snack is usually stuff mom doesn't give him at home! He is talking alot more than he used to . Maybe half of which I understand. He is still using mostly one word utterances. Haven't seen any progress in his gross motor although his PT says he is getting stronger. I have been thinking about his heart alot lately. I was getting a bit comfortable but was shaken up the last cardiology visit. The arterial side was "slightly " worse but hearing about any degree of change is scarey.
Can't wait to see the kids in our pool and just being kids! Everything else is put on the back burner when the kids are laughing and just being kids. We have a swingset coming this week(Thanks to my Mom and Dad :-). I don't know who is more excited me or the kids.
We had a really neat experience last week with a photographer from the Littlest Heros Project. Its amazing a seveteen year old girl started the sight to bring joy to kids and families with disabilities. We applied and got chosen to have a photo shoot at no cost with a local photographer. I'll post some pictures when I get them.
Things to remember from the month of May _Autumn's toothless smile. Aiden's "ahhahh" Hugs. Dad building my raised vegetable beds.Mike climbing in the inflatable bouncer with Aiden. Aiden's first pony ride. Mom being healthy after cancer surgery.


1 comments:
I am so happy to hear that your family is doing well. I was starting to worry about you :)
I hope that things with Aiden's heart turn out just fine( I know what you mean about any change making you stop and catch your breath). I hope there are lots of moments of children's laughter in your future!!!
Post a Comment