Approaching two
5:11 PM Edit This 1 Comment »
We are approaching two very quickly. Just three weeks away. Recent days are mostly good. Thursday I had an appointment to take Aiden's birthday pictures. I was giving him a bath and found myself taking a good hard look at his scar. It goes from right under his neck to just above his belly button. It has faded in color but curves to the right. There are thicker spots and raised spots. It just struck me as strange that it is just part of Aiden now and I don't notice it much any more. I spent the better half of that morning reliving the surgery nightmare. Days and nights in the hospital and all that we went through. Reaching two is such a victory. He had fun at the photo studio and came home with a great shot of him.
We took the kids to a music and movement class at our library today. It was for 2 to 5 yr olds. Aiden clapped and squealed with delight the entire class. He walked around and greeted all the other parents and then took a seat across the room on the mats to watch all us crazy folk dancing around with streamers and scarves! We let him watch from across the room he was just so happy.He came over to join us when they handed out the sleigh bells and then went back to the mats to sit. Can't wait to start our weekly movement classes. Waiting for approval through our ISEP.
Just as a side bar- there was this terrible little boy maybe two or two and a half years old that was following Aiden and pushing him. I got in his face and said in my most motherly voice"Don't push". His guardian was blind to the matter. The same little rat started pinching Aiden while he was sitting on the mat enjoying the class. I flew across the room and again had to yell at this kid"don't do that". I picked Aiden up and made him sit with me for the last song of the class. At that time I noticed this terror sitting on top of a baby girl that had the misfortune of crawling onto the mat next to him. The entire time what I assume was his grandmother was smiling and clapping along to the music. Are some kids born bad?????I hope my little man won't ever be picked on but if that day comes again I will be there.!!!!!!!Don't mess with the redhead.


1 comments:
I always feel pure joy on Erik's birthday. And we haven't gone through what you have. It's just a special, SPECIAL day. Enjoy!
Some kids are less than pleasant to be around. Does thinking this make me a bad person? Probably. :)
Post a Comment