My Baby

My Baby

New Year

4:17 PM Edit This 5 Comments »
There was a time not so long ago when New Year's Eve was my favorite holiday. My parents always had plans on New Years Eve. As a young child I remember spending the night at my grandparents home so my parents could go out. I started celebrating with my friends at sixteen and never looked back. Christmas was ok, hannuaka too, halloween was only good if there was a party and even then it lost its luster when I became too old to trick or treat. Never cared much for valentine's day either. New Years Eve was the night I looked forward to all year. Good friends, good food, lots of drinks and bar hopping in Manhattan. Music was always involved, what band was playing where. Fast forward to parent hood. My last New Years out was five years ago. I've been OK with it up until this year. The kids are both sick. I mean SICK. Coughing, fever,dripping nose, pink eye, (with all the glorious eye boogies) vomit and let us not forget to mention the perforated bleeding ear, ear infection that decided to join in on the fun today. My poor man always has to up the anti. At the doctors office his ear started bleeding. Needless to say I held it together in the office but I am seriously freaked out. They are on all types of medication and now I worry about this being a reoccurring thing with Aiden. One more problem to add to the list all before he is even two and a half years old. So my day today after the doctor was wiping noses, cleaning eye boogies and trying to force fluids into both the ozzing mucus factories. I forgot it was New Years' Eve until I was trying to figure out what to do about dinner! Now the kids are in bed (coughing) my plans for tonight are to medicate the kiddies in another two hours and probably sleep on the couch. They had me up so many times last night it almost doesn't pay to go upstairs to bed.  I really need a vacation! Maybe when this all blows over my husband will take me away somewhere for a weekend.( if you are reading this Mike hint..hint..Mohegan Sun) My birthday is coming up and that would make a great gift.
Well happy New Year to all and to all a good night.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Happy New Year!
I'm sorry to hear they are both so sick. Hope they are feeling better soon.
We stopped our New Year parties 13 years ago when Aaron came into this world....now I feel like I'm just too old and can't re-coup like I used to so it's all not worth it anymore.
Anyway, hope Mike gets your hint and you can enjoy some time away.

anna said...

Yes I second that, I hope Mike gets your hint!!! I must say one of my best times New Years was spent in NY & at Tattoo Mom's. This will be the 3rd year that we stayed in and I really don't miss it, I guess I am like Laura I know I couldn't re coup anymore. Sorry the kids aren't feel well, I hope they get better quickly. Happy New Year!

Noel said...

I am sorry that the kids ar eboth sick that does really stink.
I hope that Mike gets your hint...I keep hinting to my husband and he just doesn't get it. Is it still hinting when you tell him that's what you want and he still doesn't get do it??
Happy new Year

Guanogirl said...

Hey he actually read my blog and asked if I wanted to go to Mohegan Sun!! Kids are still sick but maybe I have something to look forward to when this all blows over

Tes said...

oh come on bat girl, pull up those big girl panties and tell Mike Hell Yes lets go!