December
5:08 PM Edit This 4 Comments »
I can't believe how long it's been since I've blogged. I always have time to peek in on my WS friends blogs but never get around to updating mine. I always have time for others and rarely take the time for myself. I was supposed to go out tonight for some grown up time with a girlfriend but she wasn't feeling well. I have been looking forward to it for weeks. So here I am 8pm on a Saturday night, at home about to put my pajamas on! I need a life seriously.
My next big scheduled night out won't be until february. The WS Tri State area fundraiser. I have the sitter lined up and I'm looking forward to wearing heals and carrying a purse not a diaper bag!
The house is starting to look festive. A tree would be the finishing touch. With everything going on last year we didn't get one. Autumn is looking forward to getting one, this will be Aiden's first. I love the smell and decorating it. Growing up we never had one. It's still a novelty for me. Real beats fake any day even with the messy clean up.
Aiden seems to be coming along. Had questionable tests results lately that put a dark cloud over the holiday season. The hormone test I had done for growth factor came back low, the pediatrician was not worried but I have been trying to get ahold of Dr. Morris to discuss it. Haven't heard back from her ,it's been a few weeks. At our recent cardio visit they noticed what might be a new area of stenosis. The cardiologist said it was probably a miss read sine his BP came back normal. She said come back in 6 months but I want to retest much sooner. I called her after the appointment but she was at a conference. The misread thing is not sitting well, he had one open heart surgery and each cardio visit is nerve racking for me. I was just starting to relax when this new glib appeared. I hope it is only a misread. We are on month two of LCarnitine, I'd love to say he looks like superman but really haven't noticed much change. It does help with the constipation and I think it is boosting his appetite. Our IFSP meeting is in two weeks. This will be our last since by this time next year he will have aged out of E.I. I don't understand why they can't keep him until school age (5) . It will mean a whole new set of therapists and the end of home sessions. Seems like a long ways off but they get the ball rolling months before his third birthday.
I'm excited to say he has started labeling things. Today he pointed to and labeled fish,stars, doggie and cup. People other than myself are starting to understand him, another huge milestone. I love my mini man.


4 comments:
First off I have to say that your kids are just the cutest ever! I love their pictures.
We get a real tree too, it is worth it but, oh the mess.
He is getting so big and handsome as ever. Love his curls. Good luck with the fundraiser. Hope it is a huge success.
Ok, a misread? Not an acceptable answer!!! I understand your angst, and answers like that will never give you peace of mind so keep calling that doctor until he/she can explain themselves. Is Aiden on anything else for his hard BMs? When I put Avery of miralax a long time ago, her appetite started taking off. It made a noticable difference. I keep telling myself a social life is overrated. Make that husband of yours take you out!! Keep in touch!
xoxo
Amy
You kids are so cute!!!
Happy Holidays!
Hugs Anna & AvaJewel
Post a Comment