My Baby

My Baby

Kentucky

5:43 PM Edit This 1 Comment »
Aiden and I just returned from our Mecca to Kentucky. We met with Dr. Mervis and Dr. Morris. It was our first time meeting Dr. Morris. She was extremely thorough and gave us some good advice. She is concerned with his size (small even for a WS kid) and his low tone. Dr. Mervis suggested more OT to work on the low tone and fine motor issues. We even got to meet a few other kids. There was Hannah (teenager) and a small fry like Aiden named Ella.  The other kids I saw in passing. Ella and Aiden shared a snack and Aiden tried to steal her crayons. Sorry I forgot her parents names but it was nice meeting you. We are so busy there for two days that there wasn't much time to talk with you .  The traveling was the hardest part. One hour drive to airport ,two hour flight, taxi to motel and shuttle van to the university. I bought a great airplane seat belt harness for kids. It was a life safer , two minutes into the flight and Aiden wanted to "go up". The harness kept him seated and then it was just up to me to keep him entertained. I went through every toy I pack, every snack and I even stooped to barf bag puppets. We survived the flights with minimal crankiness.

1 comments:

Laura said...

It's an exhausting trip, that's for sure.