My Baby

My Baby

Is it really August?

7:02 PM Edit This 5 Comments »
I can't believe the summer is half over. I will miss the time I get to spend with Autumn. starting school full time in September is a big deal for both of us. On the other hand getting her back into a routine will be very welcomed. I have tried every trick in the book and three out of four therapy sessions Aiden has per week she has been acting out. I can't wait to have that stress resolved for both of us. 
 I don't know where the last five years have gone. She will be in the "big school" all day five days a week for the next thirteen years! With this reality looming overhead I have found myself hugging her more and enjoying our time alone when Aiden is napping. I'm going to be a wreck that first week.
 Aiden is really getting around now. Gave Mike and I a run for the money tonight . Took him and Autumn to a magic show (without our trusty stroller) and he was off and running. Explored the entire place never looking back once. Cried when we actually had to sit down for the show. Daily tries to climb anything he comes in contact with. Has mastered the couch climb much to the dismay of our old blind dog. She now has to share her favorite spot to sleep with a roudy toddler.
Actually managed to get some weeding in the vegetable patch done today. (Thanks Grandma and Papa) The kids were being well cared for and I snuck out for a ten minute breather. The tomatoes are the size of softballs, more cucumbers than I know what to do with, pick and actually cooked our eggplants for dinner tonight. Gardening has saved be a wallet full of cash on therapy and drugs!!!  What will I do when the winter rolls around? LOL 

5 comments:

Heather said...

OMG! You're so right! My tomatoes are huge too.
I have a really yummy recipe for fridge pickles. If you want it let me know. It is so easy!
It's probably a pa dutch recipe.
Enjoy your last weeks of Summer. Heather
flah72@comcast.net

anna said...

Enjoy the rest of summer and I hope the stress will resolve for everyone quickly!
Anna

Tes said...

I love eggplant, i will be right over!. Being a suburban, subdivision dweller, I envy you gardners. I would also like to request some fridge pickles!
simmering in texas
Tes

Amy said...

You made it! Let me guess, August is ornery like her father? LOL. Just kidding. Her is a decent salad to use up some of those cukes:
3 med. cucumbers, sliced thin
1 med. sweet onion, thinly sliced
1 tbsp. sugar
1 c. sour cream
1/2 c. white wine vinegar
5 tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
1/2 tsp. salt
Dash pepper

In a bowl make alternating layers of cucumbers and sliced onion, sprinkling with chopped dill. Combine sour cream, sugar, white wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Pour over cucumbers. Let chill at least 4 hours.

I have a good baked egg plant parm. if ya want...
xoxo
amy

Amy said...

Opps I called Autumn, August. Sorry, I wasn't paying attention.
xoxo
Amy