My Baby

My Baby

A good swift kick in the pants.

7:32 PM Edit This 1 Comment »
The TriState Fundraiser was amazing. My inlaws and sister inlaw came up from North Carolina. My parents attended as well. I was so impressed by the size of the turn out. Six hundred and fifty people. The auction was great and I danced for the first time in I don't know how long. My Dad cried the entire night. The most sensitive construction worker I've ever seen.It was kind of strange seeing Aiden's picture come up on the screen during the slide show. He has WS and we were surrounded by family and friends that understand. I cried during Rob's speech. He mentioned the therapy sessions and doctor appointments that Julia and Jill have to deal with and it just hit me hard. They get it! I left there with a smile, the food was great, the evening was fun and so much money was raised to help the WSA.
Now for the kicker , my life has just been thrown for another loop. My mom found out yesterday she has cancer. As I write this I can't believe it's true. She is my best friend. She has always been there for me. I wish I was half the mother she is.I'm going with her to the oncologist monday to plan a course of action. Surgery will probably be scheduled for the next week or two. Aiden's echo is March 10. They might be admitted to the hospital at the same time.She is the only babysitter my kids have ever know. My parents have given so selflessly of themselves the entire journey I have been through with Aiden. Dropping everything to be here when ever I need them. As I get ready to go away for the weekend for the first since our honeymoon my parents are coming to stay here and care for the kids. Hard to get excited about going but the next few months are going to suck this will be our last chance to do it. It was planned last month as my birthday gift. I guess as it is all being processed my big question is why? Why us, why her? Watching my parents hug, kiss,laugh, roll on the floor and care for Aiden unconditionally , WS or no WS they are so great with him and Autumn. My mom goes through withdrawals if she goes more then five days with out seeing them. It doesn't make sense. Family is all we have. I'm trying to positive but I know the road ahead will be hard.
Hopefully I can blog through this and look back on it with Mom a few years from now.

1 comments:

Noel said...

I am glad that you had fun at the fundraiser.
I am so sorry that your family is going through this. I can only imagine how hard it would be to hear my mom had cancer. My thoughts are with you and your family.